Do you want to Root your Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2017? If so, you are in the right place. In this comprehensive guide, I have shown you four methods to Root Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2017 smartphone.
You can choose any of the methods shown below, but we suggest you go with the Magisk root method as it has a higher success rate. Furthermore, Magisk is designed to provide all the benefits of root access while not compromising on safety and security.
There are many reasons why you want to Root Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2017 phone. It can be because you want to install a custom ROM, use an app that requires root access, or get rid of bloatware.
The rooting process is relatively straightforward, but the problem is that there are so many different ways. You could use the Magisk method (recommended), OneClickRoot, or flash SuperSU via TWRP recovery.
What is Root?
Rooting Android is a process in which you can gain full control over your Android device. This allows you to have access to the deepest parts of the system and tweak them for your purposes. With this, you can customize UI elements, add new features, or fix issues with stability and performance.
After rooting your android device, you will be able to install apps that require root access, flash custom ROMs, use certain apps that require root access, and so on. If you are an advanced user, then you should definitely root your Android phone.
|Install incompatible apps and games.||Your phone warranty might get void.|
|You will get access to android system files.||Rooting a device makes it more vulnerable.|
|Get more control over what your phone does.||No OTA updates from your device manufacturer.|
|You can tailor your phone to suit your needs better.||Your phone may render it unusable by carriers.|
|Update to the latest Android OS by flashing custom ROMs.||Rooting your device may lead to performance issues.|
|Remove useless apps installed by your phone manufacturer.||The phone may no longer charge wirelessly or make NFC payments.|
- You have to Unlock the bootloader on Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2017.
- To prevent any mistakes and data loss, take a full backup before you root your Samsung phone.
- Make sure your phone is fully charged or has at least 75% battery left. If not, the process might get interrupted and the phone could get stuck.
- This guide will only work for the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2017 device. Do not try this on any other phones.
Method #1 – Root Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2017 using Magisk (Without TWRP)
Success Rate: 99%
You can root your Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2017 with the help of this guide. In order to do so, we recommend you take care of some pre-requirements first.
If you want to root without any worries, the first method might seem complicated, but it will do the job well enough. It’s simple, reliable, and perfect for newbies.
- Download the latest stock firmware for your Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2017 device.
- You can follow this guide on how to download and install stock firmware on any Samsung Galaxy phone.
- After you have downloaded the firmware package, extract it.
- Open the extracted folder, you will see firmware files in .tar.md5 format.
- Right-click on the AP firmware file, hover into the 7-Zip option, and select Extract files.
- Open the extracted folder and you will some files.
- We will use these files in a few minutes so keep it open.
- Download and install Magisk App on your phone.
- Open the app, now check Ramdisk info. If you see:
- Ramdisk: Yes
- Open Magisk App.
- Tap on Install → Install → Select and Patch a file. (Note: Make sure Recovery Mode is Unchecked.)
- Once the file is selected, tap on “LET’S GO.”
- Wait until Magisk patches the file.
- The patched image file can be found in the “Downloads folder.”
- Ramdisk: No
- Open Magisk App.
- Tap on Install → Install → Select and Patch a file. (Note: Make sure Recovery Mode is Checked.)
- The rest steps are the same as above.
- Ramdisk: Yes
- Copy magisk_patched.tar file from your phone Downloads folder and paste it to your PC/Laptop.
- Reboot your Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2017 device into Download mode.
- Power Off your device.
- Press and hold both the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons at the same time.
- Keep holding Volume Up and Volume Down buttons and insert the USB cable into the phone.
- Now press Volume Up button to go into Download mode.
- Download Odin and extract the zip file.
- Open the extracted folder and run Odin3 xxx.exe file.
- Click on AP and select the magisk_patched.tar file.
- Uncheck “Auto Reboot” and click on Start.
- The flashing process can take some time, so please be patient.
- If you see PASS green logo means that the file has been successfully flashed.
Once the device starts up you may install Magisk App on the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2017 smartphone in order to manage Root permissions and install Magisk Modules.
Method #2 – Root Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2017 By OneClickRoot (Paid)
Success Rate: 99%
- First Off head over to OneClickRoot’s official site.
- Select Samsung from the list.
- Enter your Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2017 device model.
- Choose your Android version from the list and click on Next.
- Now click on Verify Device Rootable button.
- You will see this message “Success, your device is rootable!”.
- Click on Purchase Now button to complete the checkout.
- Once done, your Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (2017) will be rooted successfully.
Method #3 – Rooting Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2017 with SuperSU
Success Rate: 80%
This method requires TWRP Recovery installed on your device. You can follow this guide to Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2017 smartphone.
- First off download SuperSu Zip file on your Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2017.
- Make sure to move the zip file to your device’s internal storage.
- Turn off your phone and boot into TWRP Recovery mode.
- Now, to boot into TWRP mode
- Press and hold Volume Down + Power button simultaneously.
- Or you can try Volume Up + Power button key combination.
- Once your phone has booted into TWRP Recovery.
- Tap on Install → Browse and select the Zip file → and then “Swipe to confirm flash”.
- Finally, tap on Reboot System.
- That’s it. You have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2017 device using SuperSU Zip.
Method #4 – Rooting Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2017 By KingoRoot
Success Rate: 50%
- First, download KingoRoot App and install it.
- You will get a popup to enable “Unknown Sources”.
- Open the app and Tap on One Click Root.
- Furthermore, the root process will start, it will take some time so be patient.
- Once the Rooting process completes, you will see a message “Root Succeeded”.
- You have Successfully Rooted Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2017 without a PC.
If this method doesn’t work for you then you can also try the KingoRoot PC method.
How to Verify if Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2017 is Rooted or Not?
- Download and install the Root Checker App.
- Open the app.
- Click on the Verify Root option.
- You will get this message “Congratulations! Root Access properly installed on this device” if your device is rooted successfully.
How to Uninstall Magisk and Remove root Access
Below are steps on how to completely remove Magisk Root from your Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
- Open Magisk App from your App drawer.
- Tap on “Uninstall Magisk.”
- Furthermore, select “Complete Uninstall.”
- Grant all the permissions asked.
- After that Magisk app will automatically download the uninstaller package and reboot the device.
- Once your device boots up, it will be fully unrooted.
Can Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2017 be rooted?
Yes, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2017 can be rooted using the Magisk. As you can see here, this guide provides a step-by-step process for rooting your device easily and safely.
How can I Root Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2017 Without a PC?
If you are a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2017 user and want to root your phone without a PC, then you can use OneClickRoot or KingoRoot. This is the easiest way to root your phone without any hassle.
Is it Safe to Root the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2017 smartphone?
Rooting your phone enables you to do things that are not possible with a typical Android operating system. Utilizing Magisk is the safest method for rooting Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2017.
Can I install Banking Apps after Rooting Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2017?
If you’ve rooted your Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2017 with Magisk, then installing banking apps shouldn’t be a problem. It’s completely safe as well – so stick to what you trust.
Can I use Google Pay after Rooting Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2017?
Rooting your Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2017 will allow you to use Google Pay. As you know, Magisk provides a systemless root meaning that none of the system files are modified.
How can I Unroot my rooted Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2017 phone?
You can unroot your Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2017 phone by following the steps provided. I have shown you a step-by-step process to help you unroot this device.
What is the Safest way to Root the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2017 device?
You can use Magisk to Root Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2017 smartphone. Magisk is one of the most popular Android rooting tools and can be used to root an Android system without messing with the device files. You can learn more from this guide.
This post details how to Root Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2017 phone. We hope that it’s been a helpful guide for those of you looking to get your device rooted and take advantage of the many benefits that come with using an altered version of Android.
If you have any questions, we would be happy to answer them. Make sure to stay tuned to our blog RootProcess for more upcoming posts from us!